Seoul winter has always been filled with sunshine, but it was chilly, it got colder everyday, strange! My 3rd day was planned to be spent indoors, yes it's a shopping day, since it was raining hard! Hopped on the cab and said "Dongdaemun- Doota" to the driver. Dongdaemun is the largest retail + wholesale fashion district, where buyers from all over the world gather. Doota is the newly renovated mall that is probably the most expensive and the most comfortable to shop in. Here at Doota, I met a few fashion designers, & an accessories designer, whom I took a picture with. She was designing her hair accessories while I shopped at her boutique.
Besides spending time walking around 3 floors of designer clothings, I found a rather adorable ceramic Music Craft Box store, where you can choose the box design (artwork painted by Korean painters), the turning knob and song! It'll be customized and ready in 30 mins. Isn't it a great wedding/ birthday gift?
Day 4- Finally Sunny again, Jin said I was lucky that the skies turned clear. We hopped on the cab towards Itae-won after breakfast at home. Koreans have rice, seaweed, kimchi for breakfast in the morning too! Itaewon during the day is filled with traditonal markets, filled with leather goods, fur products and copied "branded goods". During the night, it is filled with foreigners, clubs and international cuisine can also be found here.
Hopped on another cab and headed to "Myeong Dong", another major shopping district, similar to Shibuya in Tokyo. I guess we were still early, the street markets have not filled up the roads, so as Jin says. We picked a street food store randomly and ordered some spicy ricecakes & Oden. The interesting part of eating street food is that we get arranged a standing spot by the tiny bar, where were are served oden soup in a cup while we dig in.
Must Try: "Hotto" brownsugar hotcake
Lunch time at Gu-Gong
Headed to "Insa-dong" where Korean traditional events are held, it was my mission to purchase tea trays for my mum and we had to stop by a Korean Traditional Tea House!
It's strange that Chinese letters are written on sides of the entrance
Home Sweet Home, dinner is ready by the time we got home, thanks to the cleaning lady who visits weekly~
No comments:
Post a Comment